Recipe by English_Rose
These Latin American dumplings are delicious served hot or cold with a selection of dips. Shape them the day before and keep in the fridge, ready to bake.
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lb puff pastry
- 1 medium egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, then add the onion and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes until golden and very soft.
- Add the sweet potato and paprika then cook, stirring, over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Season and stir in the parsley. Leave to cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roll out the pastry to 1/4 in thickness, then cut out about 18 rounds, using a 3-4in cutter or upturned cup.
- Spoon a little of the filling onto one side of each round and brush the edges with beaten egg. Fold over to form a crescent shape and pinch the edges together firmly.
- Place on a non-stick baking sheet, brush with egg and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until well risen and golden. Allow to cool on a wire rack or wrap in baking parchment and a layer of foil to keep warm for the picnic.