Recipe by Hey Jude
Here's an easy, tasty side dish for your next picnic or backyard barbecue. It travels well too, so it's great for camping trips.
Top Review by Denise Nachtigal
Oh wow. This was SO awesome! I made it for a 4th of July party and it was a hit. I forgot to bookmark it though and just spent the last 30 minutes going through my history to find it because I have to make it again for my husband. :) Fantastic. I wouldn't change a thing. 5 stars all the way from me!
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 cups canned corn niblets, drained if canned but you can use fresh or 3 cups frozen corn, as well
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped drained pimiento
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded, finely minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, pepper, mustard seeds and celery seeds in a saucepan, and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in corn, green pepper, onion, pimento, and jalapeño.
- Let stand until cool.
- Chill covered until serving time.