Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a favorite of mine to take to family get togethers, and picnics. The bacon adds a nice flavor and compliments the other crisp ingredients. It is easy to assemble, and it travels well.
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 6 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, bacon pieces, and onions, mix together.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt.
- Shake Well.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss.
- Sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I buy the pre package coleslaw mix, and measure out 8 cups.
Great taste and refreshing, I can seen why this would be great for a picnic.