Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
The rotisserie chicken makes the difference! I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar's abandoned recipe thread on February of 2005. I've adapted it to mirror a salad I make very often. Hope you enjoy.
- 3 large red potatoes, cubed and cooked
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped or diced
- 1 cup barbecued chicken, shredded into bite size pieces (I use a store bought rotisserie chicken)
- 1⁄2 cup mixed vegetables, cooked (I used frozen carrots, corn and peas microwaved for 1 minute to soften)
- 1⁄8 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard (or honey mustard)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced red onions (optional) or 1 stalk green onion, sliced and then chopped (optional)
- paprika and parsley flakes (to garnish)
- Mix mayo, vinegar, relish, mustard, sugar, salt, pepper and red onion together in a bowl. Let stand while your potatoes and eggs are cooking.
- While potatoes and eggs are still warm (it is essential to mix while warm so that the flavors develop properly), mix all potatoes,eggs, chicken, bell pepper and vegetables together with mayo mixture.
- Mix gently, you don't want mashed potatoes, but just be gentle enough so that the ingredients are well incorporated together.
- Adjust salt, pepper and sugar according to taste.
- Can be served warm or cold, best when refrigerated overnight.
- Lightly sprinkle paprika and parsley over before serving.
I just made it and it is Delicious!!!
THIS WAS AWESOME POTATO SALAD. It should be a hit for all. I REALLY LOVED IT AND GIVE IT THE HIGHEST RATING!!!
Superb dressing mix. Loved it.