1/1 Photo of Picnic Chicken Potato Salad
The rotisserie chicken makes the difference! I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar's abandoned recipe thread on February of 2005. I've adapted it to mirror a salad I make very often. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large red potatoes, cubed and cooked
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped or diced
- 1 cup barbecued chicken, shredded into bite size pieces (I use a store bought rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables, cooked (I used frozen carrots, corn and peas microwaved for 1 minute to soften)
- 1/8 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard (or honey mustard)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced red onions (optional) or 1 stalk green onion, sliced and then chopped (optional)
- paprika and parsley flakes (to garnish)
- 1Mix mayo, vinegar, relish, mustard, sugar, salt, pepper and red onion together in a bowl. Let stand while your potatoes and eggs are cooking.
- 2While potatoes and eggs are still warm (it is essential to mix while warm so that the flavors develop properly), mix all potatoes,eggs, chicken, bell pepper and vegetables together with mayo mixture.
- 3Mix gently, you don't want mashed potatoes, but just be gentle enough so that the ingredients are well incorporated together.
- 4Adjust salt, pepper and sugar according to taste.
- 5Can be served warm or cold, best when refrigerated overnight.
- 6Lightly sprinkle paprika and parsley over before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Picnic Chicken Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.4
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 131.1 mg
- Sodium 435.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 13.1 g