Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in one of those Taste of Home recipe leaflets. I thought it sounded pretty good, so I wanted to put it here for safe-keeping. (I haven't tried this yet). Submitted to "ZAAR" on August 21st,2006
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded leftover cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Pita and Bacon
- 4 pita pocket bread
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- In a large bowl, mix together broccoli, chicken, cheese, and tomato.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients; pour over chicken mixture, mixing well.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup into each pita pocket; top with bacon.
I made this as written and they were fabulous! So simple to make. Excellent for picnics and camping! Kids loved them!
This was soooo good! I cut the recipe in half & used fresh broccoli (believe me, it tasted much better than I think frozen would have!). I used a little less than what was called for, probably around 3 oz. I also used red fat cheese & left out the tomato. I didn't use the salt, used fat free mayo & forgot the black pepper-but no matter, it was still delicious! I also used whole wheat pitas & left out the bacon since it really isn't necessary & only adds calories. Tasty for lunch & leftovers will certainly taste just as good. Thanks so much for sharing, shapeweaver!