Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got the recipe from a recipe box from estate sale.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups jack frost granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 6 marshmallows, cut in halves, if desired
- 12 nutmeats, if desired
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and jack frost sugar into large bowl.
- Add shortening and all of the milk. Mix until blended. Beat 1 minute or 150 strokes.
- Add vanilla and eggs. Beat 2 minutes longer or 300 strokes.
- Pour into greased wax paper-lined 9-inch square pan. Bake in moderate oven (375 F.) 35-40 minutes or until done.
- Just before removing cake from oven, sprinkle with chocolate bits. Return to oven for 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Spread chocolate evenly over cake. Garnish with marshmallows and nuts if desired.