Recipe by Darkhunter
I've made these beans for years. Very kid pleasing! Will serve 6 unless Bart is there! Great at home, too. Serve chilled, warmed or room temp. I like to have Texas toast with these. Hope you like them!
Top Review by JanuaryBride
All I can say is WOW did this recipe turn leftovers into a fabulous and fast meal! I had 5 hot dogs and 1 small slider size burger left from a BBQ. . .added those to a big ole can of pinto beans and used all the other ingredients (which I always have on hand) resulting in the best Beans & Dogs that I have ever had. I did throw in an extra squirt of ketchup to get the color I wanted (since I didn't use pork & beans) and used 1/2 Splenda and 1/2 brown sugar to lighten it up a bit. LOVE the use of horseradish and the pickle relish. Thanks so much for sharing!!!
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb hot dog, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork & beans
- 3 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large saute pan on medium heat. Saute onions until translucent.
- Add hot dogs and cook until browned, stirring frequently.
- Add flour to pan and mix thoroughly.
- Add beans, catsup, relish, horseradish sauce, salt, sugar and orange juice.
- Cook until thickened to your preference.
- Chill until ready to go.