Trying to get a toddler to eat his veggies can be a pain..But these oven-baked dandies taste great, and have lots of protein, fiber and vitamin A. Even adults will like them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large garnet yams (preferably organic, should yield at least 4 cups grated) or 1 large sweet potato (preferably organic, should yield at least 4 cups grated)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons oat bran (optional)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sucanat (or brown sugar) or 2 tablespoons granulated maple sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Peel and coarsely grate the potato/yam.
- 3Mix all ingredients in a medim bowl, stirring to blend.
- 4Spray a baking sheet with plenty of oil spray (I use butter-flavored).
- 5Drop mixture by 1/4 cup measures onto sheet, and press each down flat.
- 6Bake at 400 for 5-7 minutes, flip the pancakes over, and cook for another 5 minutes. (if they need more time, cook them some more, but watch, since the edges burn quickly).
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Picky Kid-pleaser Sweet Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.4
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 159.6 mg
- Sodium 74.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: