Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted in response to a recipe request. From e-cookbooks.
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight jar or container.
- Use in favorite pickle recipes.
way too much ginger and cloves. Suggest leaving both out and adding celery seed. Just a suggestion - personal taste.
Wow, was this ever easy! I had to substitute ground cinnamon and allspice, and I feel that it had no adverse effects. ;) I used it to make S'kat's Pink Pickled Onions #73203, and this spice is what made them so flavorful and fabulous! I will be making this and the onions often!!! Thanks Mox! :)
Had boiled 1 1/2 dozen eggs to make my BF some pickled eggs, only to discover I had used up all my pickling spice! Made this as written, just a little too clove-y, but excellent for my purpose. Stored the remainder of the mix in a Rubbermaid container in the fridge for the next batch.