Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the spice mix that you put in "Bread and Butter" pickles.
- 8 cinnamon sticks (each about 3 inches long)
- 14.79 ml dried ginger
- 59.16 ml mustard seeds
- 19.71 ml allspice berries
- 59.16 ml whole black peppercorns
- 19.71 ml whole cloves
- 19.71 ml dill seeds
- 19.71 ml coriander seeds
- 19.71 ml mace, crumbled medium fine
- 16 bay leaves, crumbled medium fine
- 14.79 ml red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml mace
- 14.79 ml cardamom seed
- Wrap the cinnamon and gingerroot loosely in a piece of cloth and bash them with a hammer until well crumbled. Discard any stringy parts of the ginger, then mix with other ingredients.
- Store in a small, airtight jar up to 2 months.