Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the spice mix that you put in "Bread and Butter" pickles.
Make and share this Pickling Spice recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cinnamon sticks (each about 3 inches long)
- 1 tablespoon dried ginger
- 4 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 4 teaspoons allspice berries
- 4 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 4 teaspoons whole cloves
- 4 teaspoons dill seeds
- 4 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 4 teaspoons mace, crumbled medium fine
- 16 bay leaves, crumbled medium fine
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon mace
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seed
- Wrap the cinnamon and gingerroot loosely in a piece of cloth and bash them with a hammer until well crumbled. Discard any stringy parts of the ginger, then mix with other ingredients.
- Store in a small, airtight jar up to 2 months.