Recipe by *SimplyME*
Homemade pickling spice. Use in the same amounts at store bought pickling spice.
Top Review by Max Thames
I did add cloves because I love em and this recipe left them out. But this recipe was excellent and much cheaper than "store bought". HINT! If you have a middle-Eastern market near you, buy your spices there in bulk. You'll find an amazing assortment and unbelievable prices, as well.
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons dill seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves (crumbled)
- 2 dried red chilies (2 inches long, crumbled)