Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Homemade pickling spice. Use in the same amounts at store bought pickling spice.
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons dill seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves (crumbled)
- 2 dried red chilies (2 inches long, crumbled)
- Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight jar in a cool, dark place.
- Use in any pickle recipe.
I did add cloves because I love em and this recipe left them out. But this recipe was excellent and much cheaper than "store bought". HINT! If you have a middle-Eastern market near you, buy your spices there in bulk. You'll find an amazing assortment and unbelievable prices, as well.
Perfect!!! Much better than any pre-mix you would buy at the store.
This was excellant! I saw the others that had cinnamon and ginger but didn't think they'd suit what I had in mind. I halved the recipe and still got 1/3 cup?? Thanks for sharing your recipe.