Prep 1 hr
Cook 288 hrs
- Place brisket in large pot, add brown sugar, pickling spices, salt, saltpeter, bay leaves and water.
- Bring to boil 5 minutes.
- Let stand overnight to cool.
- Place in 5 gallon crock with cooled mixture. Add sliced garlic; liquid enough to cover meat. Put a board and stone on top beef.
- Keep submerged.
- Place cheesecloth across top of crock.
- Tie down.
- Put lid on.
- Leave enough space between lid and cloth for air.
- At end of 12 days place meat in cold water for 1 hour.
- Remove meat. Wipe well.
Good recipe easy to accomplish with basic ingredients and method is easy too. Top notch Thanks SF