Top Review by angelwings184
i made this last year, and needlest to say there is not a jar left, my mother went wild over this,,she loved the cauliflower in it,,i loved the carrots, and cucumbers,, this year i plan on making more,,and adding extra carrots because they were my favorite,,love this recipe..it is great,, i love to eat it with sandwichs instead of pickles....thank you for sharing this amazing recipe...
- 5 medium cucumbers, peeled
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups peeled white pearl onions
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 4 cups bell peppers, any color
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 2 1⁄4 water
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons pickling spices
Directions See How It's Made
- Take cukes& cut them into 8 pieces which will give you 40 slices.
- Place in LARGE bowl.
- add all the veggies.
- Stir water& salt together, pour over veg mixture let stand on counter overnight.
- Put veggis in large sausepan.
- Add vinegar& water.
- Stir frequently.
- Cook for 15 min.
- BRINE: Combine sugar, vinegar& water in saucepan.
- Tie pickling spice in double layer of cheesecloth.
- add to brine boil 1 min.
- discard spice bag.
- Pack hot veggies into jars, fill with brine.
- Put sterilized lids,& seal.
- You may want to put them in a water bath for 5 min.
- let stand for 3 weeks before serving.
- Makes app.
- 6 pints.