Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is delicious. Does not stay in my house long. And not FATTENING!!!! Preparation time is a rough guess....
- 10 small squash, sliced thinly
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 4 green bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- In a large pot, layer squash, onions, and bell peppers and sprinkle with salt.
- Cover with ice and water and let sit for one hour.
- Pour off water.
- In a saucepan, mix sugar, vinegar, mustard seeds, and celery seeds and bring to a boil.
- Pour over squash and bring back to a boil for one minute.
- Pack in sterilized jars and seal while hot.
Thanks so much Loretta. As my grandma used to say, "you done good". This pickled recipe was so light and refreshing. Not at all heavy with sweetness that so many other pickled dishes have. I just called my Mom and she's headed to the squash patch in the morning.