1/7 Photos of Pickled Squash
1 hr 30 mins
Mrs. Hughes's Note:
This in an Emeril Lagasse recipe. I love Emeril! This Pickled squash recipe is a hit with everyone I've given it to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot or bowl, layer sliced squash and onions, and sprinkle eash layer generously with kosher salt.
- 2Let sit 1 hour.
- 4In large pot combine vinegar, sugar, pickling spice, and crushed red pepper and bring to a boil.
- 5Add squash and onions and return to boil.
- 6Ladle vegetables and enough of the liquid to cover them within 1/2 inch into sterilized jars.
- 7Wipe rims and jars clean, and put lids and rings on jars.
- 8Process jars in hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove jars from water bath and allow to cool.
- 10Any jars that do not seal should be refrigerated and used withing 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Squash
Serving Size: 1 (2528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 106.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: