Prep 10 mins
Cook 72 hrs
Traditional Tet (Lunar New Year) dish, but Hanoians eat this all year round. It is a perfect compliment to pork dishes, esp. those using higher fat cuts.
- 1 lb green onion (white part)
- 2 cups white rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 5 cloves shallots
- Wash onions and let dry completely.
- Boil vinegar, sugar and salt, allow the mixture to cool.
- Pour liquid into a jar, covering onions.
- Seal tight and let sit for at least 3 days.
- Pickles last in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
one ingredient too many.