1/3 Photos of Pickled Shrimp (Paula Deen)
36 hrs 30 mins
After watching Paula make this on tv we decided to give it a try. The layers are beautiful in the glass jar. I think this would make a nice gift or an easy make ahead appetizer or snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- 2Add the shrimp and cook until just pink, no more than 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Drain well and rinse in cold water to prevent further cooking.
- 4Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on.
- 5In a large glass airtight jar (about 1 1/2 quarts) layer shrimp and onions and top each layer with ground black pepper, peppercorns, bay leaf and clove of garlic.
- 6Keep layering until jar is about 2/3 full.
- 7Pour vinegar and lemon juice over layers until jar is almost full.
- 8Leave space at the top so you can gently shake jar to remixs ingredients.
- 9Seal jar tightly and chill for a few days up to 2 weeks.
- 10Turn jar upside down to remix every other day or so.
- 11Serve chilled as an appetizer.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Shrimp (Paula Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.2
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 651.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 15.8 g