Prep 8 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I cannot wait to try this out in the summer! The prep time says 8 hours - 2 days. I'm not sure to go long or short, the first time out. It's seems like a nice spicy summer dish that could be presented ANY way one could think of e.g. on skewers, with a meat dish. I think it's a Cooking Light recipe, it sure reads like one.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, vertically sliced
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno, vertically sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add half of the shrimp; saute 3 minutes or until done. Place shrimp in a large bowl.
- Repeat procedure with remaining oil and shrimp.
- Combine bell pepper, cider vinegar, jalapenos, sugar, ground cumin, salt, red pepper flakes and bay leaves into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes until tender.
- Pour pepper mixture over shrimp, add cilantro and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill 8hours - 2 days before serving.
- Remove bay leaves. Serve.