Prep 25 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A nice, different type appetizer/salad. I hope you like it.
- 2 lbs uncooked medium shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons pickling spices
- 2 large onions, sliced into rings
- 1 1⁄2 cups salad oil (can use olive oil if you wish)
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons capers, juice included
- Fill large saucepan half full with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and add shrimp, 1/2 tsp salt and pickling spices.
- Continue simmering until shrimp are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and drain, discard spices and water.
- Place shrimp in a deep glass bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small micing bowl.
- Add marinade to shrimp, and toss.
- Cover and chill for 24 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Serve chilled.
- Cook time includes chilling time.
My Mother made this for many parties and get togethers this is exactly how she made it. This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing!