Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great canning recipe
- 1 lb white asparagus, cut into 1/2-inch-thick sticks
- 4 roses
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Add the asparagus, to boiling water and cook uncovered until barely tender (5 to 7) minutes.
- Pull apart the roses, keeping just the petals, trim white bit off petals.
- Pack flower petals with vegetables in a glass container that has a lid.
- Combine white wine, water and sugar or honey in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour hot liquid over asparagus and rose petals to cover them.
- Cover the jar and shake to release any trapped bubbles.
- Chill at least overnight and up to 2 weeks.