Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From 365 Easy Mexican Recipes
Make and share this Pickled Red Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large non-reactive skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add red onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until limp and tender, 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.