Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These onions are a great condiment with salads, burgers, chicken... It also makes a great starting point for all kinds of salads: bean, pasta, vegetable... Use your imagination. From the Moosewood Cookbook.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil.
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepercorns.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place onion slices in a colander.
- Pour boiling water over the onion slices and drain well.
- (This wilts the onions slightly and allows them to absorb the marinade).
- Transfer the onions to the bowl with marinade and mix to coat the onions thoroughly.
- Cover and marinate several hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
I made these and added them to the potluck last week. Big hit, Thanks!