Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
presented by Two Sisters Inn - a bed and breakfast
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- In a small glass bowl, combine raisins, orange juice and rum.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to plump the raisins.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour muffin tin.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Drain off 1/4 cup of the liquid from the plumped raisins (and maybe save it for the chef to enjoy!), and fold in remaining raisin mixture into the batter.
- Fill muffin cups full, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until done.
- Remove muffins from tin and cool on rack.