Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tangy salad, great with roast beef or cold cuts.
- 1 lb small red potato, thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish or 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons kosher style dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- Place the potatoes and carrots in a pot and cover them with cold salted water by a few inches (8 cm). Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, vinegar, horseradish, pickle, dill and onion. Add the potatoes and carrots and toss well. Serve immediately or chill for up to 1 day. Serves 4.
- Screamingly Good Food.
My kind of potato salad! Love the horseradish! I did omit the carrots, though.
I tried this because I like strong flavors in potato salad. I didn't have any horseradish so made it without, and used sweet pickle relish because I love it. Great potato salad. Will try to get some horseradish and add it to the leftovers; I'm sure that will taste wonderful too. Thank you! I rarely find a potato salad I'm really happy with -- I am delighted with this one.
We really enjoyed this potato salad with our fish tonight. I was worried that there wouldn't be enough dressing but it made heaps. I loved the fresh, tart flavours as a change from a mayo heavy dressing. I would make this again and love the fact I always keep all the ingredients on hand.