4 hrs 30 mins
Heidi C.'s Note:
I grew up eating these but did not like the ones I could buy at the store.I finally found a recipe in an old James Beard cookbook at my local library so I could make my own.I use raw pork hocks instead of pigs feet because they have more meat in them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large stock pot or other large pot,put first 8 ingredients in the pot.Cut onion into pieces.Also cut carrot into pieces.
- 2Bring to a boil and then simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3Add the pigs feet to the seasoned water.
- 4Simmer pigs feet for 3-4 hours.
- 5When time is up remove pigs feet and let cool enough to touch.
- 6When cool put them in a bowl or canning jars.
- 7with 2 sliced onion and 2 cloves sliced garlic divided between them(Garlic can be omitted if you dont like it) and any seasoning you want to add.
- 8Heat white wine or cider vinegar and pour over pigs feet so they are covered completely.
- 9Refrigerate for 3-5 days before eating.
- 10Keep any left overs refigerated.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Pigs Feet
Serving Size: 1 (877 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 887.6
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 334.4 mg
- Sodium 2873.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 89.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: