Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Bon Appetite, September, 2009. I have been sorting through my magazines to make some space for MORE , and found a few recipes to keep for later. The photo with this is gorgeous with red, orange, and yellow peppers. Can be used as pizza topping, or served with bread and cheese. Prep time does not include chill time.
- Slice peppers crosswise into 1/4 inch rounds, seeded.
- Separate shallot slices into thin rings.
- Place peppers and shallots in medium bowl.
- Mix vinegar and next 6 ingredients in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Remove brine from heat; carefully pour over peppers and shallots.
- Cover bowl; let sit 5 minutes.
- Uncover; let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to quart-size jar, pressing peppers into brine.
- Cover; chill at least 4 hours and up to 10 days.
Delicious! Nice hint of thyme and garlic and something nice to have in the fridge for summer salads. I had my first sample today in a chicken and cheese sandwich for lunch and it made a great addition.
A good recipe to make when capsicums/peppers are on sale. Easy to make and I am looking forward to enjoying these pickles added to my salads through the week. A late recipe completion- made for Aus/NZ Forum February Recipe Swap