Recipe by bigbadbrenda
Attractive when mixed colours are placed in jars. I have made these for several years taken from the All about Pickling Book.
- 3784.0 ml long red peppers or 3784.0 ml green peppers or 3784.0 ml yellow peppers
- 354.88 ml salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml prepared horseradish
- 2365.9 ml white vinegar
- 473.18 ml water
- 59.14 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 2 small slits in each pepper (wear gloves).
- Dissolve salt in 4 quarts water. Pour over peppers and let stand 12-18 hours. Drain and Rinse thoroughly.
- Combine remaining ingredients simmer 15 minutes. Remove garlic.
- Pack peppers into hot sterilized jars. Seal and process pints 10 minutes in boiling water bath. Makes 8 pints.