Prep 12 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Attractive when mixed colours are placed in jars. I have made these for several years taken from the All about Pickling Book.
- 4 quarts long red peppers or 4 quarts green peppers or 4 quarts yellow peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 10 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Cut 2 small slits in each pepper (wear gloves).
- Dissolve salt in 4 quarts water. Pour over peppers and let stand 12-18 hours. Drain and Rinse thoroughly.
- Combine remaining ingredients simmer 15 minutes. Remove garlic.
- Pack peppers into hot sterilized jars. Seal and process pints 10 minutes in boiling water bath. Makes 8 pints.
I was going to post this recipe and decided to double-check current posts. My friend Darla gave me this recipe years ago from an old Ball Blue Book. Thanks BBB Mama for saving me the time, My husband and I are making a batch this afternoon.