Recipe by Dib's
A basic pickled pepper recipe-add 1 jalapeno to each jar if you would like a bit of heat.
- 3 quarts red peppers or 3 quarts green peppers or 3 quarts yellow peppers
- 1 cup salt, dissolved in 3 quarts water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 8 cups white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 2 slits in each pepper and place in a large ceramic or glass bowl.
- Pour salt water over peppers and let stand for 18 hours.
- drain, rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large stainless or enamel pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove garlic.
- Pack peppers into clean, hot jars; pour hot vinegar mixture over peppers leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Seal and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.