Prep 20 mins
Cook 96 hrs 5 mins
Excellent Pickled Egg recipe from the cook book "Company's Coming Preserves"
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, , shelled
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 large onion, cut in rings
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 -10 whole cloves, tied in a double layer of cheesecloth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Arrange the eggs in a 2 quart jar.
- As you arrange them also place the different colored peppers and onion so there is a nice eye appealing arrangement Bring the brine ingredients to a boil over medium heat stirring often Boil 5 minutes, discard the clove bag.
- pour over the eggs.
- THE EGGS MUST BE COMPLETELT COVERED.
- Store in the fridge, wait at least 4 days before eating.
- Will keep for up to 6 months.
This was my first attempt at pickled eggs. They turned out great!!! I followed the recipe as written and can't think of anything I would change. I will make these again as they are a very filling snack that is always ready to eat. Thanks for the posting and easy to follow directions.
This is the absolute BEST recipe for pickled eggs! Well written recipe is easy to follow, and the presentation is fantastic, so pretty! Delicious! Thanks for posting!