Recipe by Bergy
Excellent Pickled Egg recipe from the cook book "Company's Coming Preserves"
Top Review by GLN
This was my first attempt at pickled eggs. They turned out great!!! I followed the recipe as written and can't think of anything I would change. I will make these again as they are a very filling snack that is always ready to eat. Thanks for the posting and easy to follow directions.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, , shelled
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 large onion, cut in rings
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 -10 whole cloves, tied in a double layer of cheesecloth
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the eggs in a 2 quart jar.
- As you arrange them also place the different colored peppers and onion so there is a nice eye appealing arrangement Bring the brine ingredients to a boil over medium heat stirring often Boil 5 minutes, discard the clove bag.
- pour over the eggs.
- THE EGGS MUST BE COMPLETELT COVERED.
- Store in the fridge, wait at least 4 days before eating.
- Will keep for up to 6 months.