Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Try to leave them alone for 1 month!
Make and share this Pickled Pears recipe from Food.com.
- Soak pears in water& fruit fresh/lemon juice to keep from browning.
- Tie pickling spice, ginger and cloves in a spice bag.
- Prepare liquid-combine spice bag, sugar, water, vinegar and lemon slices in a large stainless or enamel pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover and boil for 5 min.
- Add enough pears to create a single layer in liquid and poach for 7 min-drain with slotted spoon and place in a large bowl.
- Repeat until all pears are poached.
- Pour the liquid over poached pears, cover and let stand 18-24 hours in a cool spot.
- Remove pears and discard spice bag and lemons.
- Bring liquid to a boil.
- Pack pears into clean, hot jars.
- Pour boiling liquid to cover leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Remove bubbles and seal.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
what a fun, simple & unique recipe to get started on this New Year's Eve ~!~ I'll be even more curious at the end of the month .... thnx for sharing ~!~