24 hrs 15 mins
Try to leave them alone for 1 month!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak pears in water& fruit fresh/lemon juice to keep from browning.
- 2Tie pickling spice, ginger and cloves in a spice bag.
- 3Prepare liquid-combine spice bag, sugar, water, vinegar and lemon slices in a large stainless or enamel pot.
- 4Bring to a boil, cover and boil for 5 min.
- 5Add enough pears to create a single layer in liquid and poach for 7 min-drain with slotted spoon and place in a large bowl.
- 6Repeat until all pears are poached.
- 7Pour the liquid over poached pears, cover and let stand 18-24 hours in a cool spot.
- 8Remove pears and discard spice bag and lemons.
- 9Bring liquid to a boil.
- 10Pack pears into clean, hot jars.
- 11Pour boiling liquid to cover leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- 12Remove bubbles and seal.
- 13Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
Browse Our Top Pears Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Pears
Serving Size: 1 (4572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1203.0
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 310.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 29.2 g
- Sugars 256.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: