1/1 Photo of Pickled Pear Tomatoes With Rosemary
From B&G canning mag. This is for whole pear or cherry tomatoes. You can use sliced but they do not look as pretty.
My Private Note
Half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups tomatoes, pear or 5 cups tomatoes, cherry
- 1 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 cups white balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon whole pink peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole white peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Wash tomatoes. in large bowl combine tomatoes, onion, red pepper and garlic, toss to combine. Set aside.
- 2In large none reacting pot combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt, rosemary, all peppercorns and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissoved. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Stirring often.
- 3Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
- 4Pack tomatoes into hot sterilized 8 oz jars. Leaving 1/2" head space.
- 5Pour HOT vinegar mixture over tomatoes, leaving 1/2" head space. Remove any air bubbles in jars, wipe rims and add lids.
- 6Process filled jars for 15 minutes in water bath.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Pear Tomatoes With Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (1398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2998.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar