Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Preserve your summer peaches in this spicy, flavorful syrup. Very pretty presentation, too!
Make and share this Pickled Peaches/Spiced Peaches recipe from Food.com.
- Place washed canning jars in 200°F oven.
- Prepare peaches by peeling, pitting and cutting into thick slices. Place in cool water with 1/2 cup vinegar to prevent browning.
- Stir sugar, vinegar and cinnamon sticks together. Tie cloves and allspice in a piece of cloth and place in pot. Bring 'brine' to a boil and boil 1 minute.
- While sugar mixture is heating, thoroughly drain and pack peaches into hot jars to about 3/4-1" inch from the top.
- Pour hot brine over peaches (leave about 1/2" of head space) process in a boiling water bath for about 20 minutes.