Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Really lovely served with cooked meats.
- Peel peaches and leave whole.
- Place vinegar, sugar, cinnamon and cloves in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Carefully place peaches into the boiling syrup and cook gently for about 5 minutes or until peaches are just tender.
- Spoon peaches into hot, clean dry jars.
- Pour over the syrup, filling the jar to the brim.
- Make sure the rim is clean, then cover with a seal.
- Screw on a ring band and leave until cold.
- The lid should be concave if sealed properly.
- Remove band.
- Resist for several weeks before using.
Wow! Thank you so much for this recipe. My mother grew up in Southern Georgia and had fond memories of her grandfather in his late 90's riding a bicycle to her house to deliver pickled peaches to her when she was a very little girl. I look forward to being able to share this with my little ones.