Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 48 hrs
- Cut onion into thin slices.
- Separate into rings and put into a two cup sterilized jar.
- Pour boiling water over to cover onions.
- Allow to cool, then drain.
- Mix together vinegar, water, sugar, salt and hot pepper sauce and bring to a boil.
- Pour over onion rings.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate.
- Use after 2 days.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 months.
- Good with hamburger, cheese sandwich, egg salad sandwich and as a pickle with regular meals.
This was not bad but I felt it needed a bit more spice. Maybe I'll try a bit of pickling spice nest time.