Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Have a happy time lining those gleaming jars on your sunshine soaked windowsill. The same process could be repeated for pickling other veggies from your kitchen garden as well!
- 2 pints small okra
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 hot peppers
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 4 cloves garlic
- Wash okra; bring vinegar, water, and salt to a boil.
- Put okra in pint jars.
- To each pint, add 1 teaspoon dill seed, 2 cloves garlic, and 1 pod pepper.
- Pour boiling brine to cover okra.
- Process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Wait 1 month before serving.
These are great! I am frantically searching the farmers market for more okra. Make sure to use only small, tender okra.
Great pickled okra. Those that don't care for okra might eat this. Will have to make a much larger quantity next time.
Tried just a couple of jars this past year. Wishing I would have made more. Will definitely be using this recipe next summer. Thanks so much for the recipe.