Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Pickled Okra is a wonderful thing!
Make and share this Pickled Okra recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs small okra pods
- 7 garlic cloves
- 7 hot peppers
- 7 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1 quart vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup pickling salt
- Wash okra well. Drain and set aside. Place 1 clove
- garlic and 1 hot pepper into each of 7 hot
- sterilized pint jars. Pack jars firmly with okra,
- leaving 1/2 inch head space; add 1 teaspoon dill
- seed to each. Combine vinegar, water, and salt in a
- large saucepan; bring to a boil and pour over okra.
- Screw metal bands on tightly. Process 10 minutes in
- a boiling water bath. Let pickles stand at least 5
- weeks before opening. This is really hot. You may
- want to cut the amount of spices used.
Just the recipe I was looking for. They taste wonderful.
I made this last summer and my hubby ate them all. He said they were delicious and I should make more as soon as we get okra this year. Maybe I'll get to try them this year, lol. This one is definately a keeper. Thanks for posting.
I have tried several variations using mixes of cider vinegar and other spices. This I think is the best. To set it up visually I add some red and or orange peppers, a bay leaf and diced pimientos.