Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These were soooooo good, I was addicted to them. Although after the third day they were getting quite salty, but I didn't add any more mushrooms, and that likely would have helped. Next time I may cut some of the salt. Also will try adding some lemon in there too.
- 6 tablespoons salad oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped finely
- 2 -10 ounces mushrooms, whole and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and put in a jar or lidded bowl overnight or for at least four hours.
- More mushrooms may be added to the brine.
Nice flavor -- maybe just a bit salty. I have been doing low sodium meals so it just might be me. I used 10 ounces of fresh buttons. Baked them for 15 min. at 350 degrees and then put them in the brine. easy and tasty -- can't go wrong