Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious Island treat. Slightly spicy and very tasty pickled Maui onions.
- Mix Water, Vinegar, Sugar and Salt in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil until the dry goods dissolve.
- While the solution is coming to a boil, cut onion in half.
- Cut each half in half.
- Cut each quarter into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Seed and cut Jalapeño into strips.
- Alternately layer Onions and Jalapeños in a 1 QT pickling jar.
- Add solution and seal tightly.
- Let stand for 24 hours.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 days.