Recipe by Gardening Girl
Salt cured lemons have an explosive flavour that is great for elivening seafood, pasta and soups.
- 3 lemons
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄2-1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (otional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub lemons and dry well. Cut each lemon into 8 wedges and each wedge in half.
- Place lemons in a bowl with the salt and mix well.
- Put lemons in a glass jar with a non metal lid. Add juice to cover, add olive oil if using. Leave at room temperature for 5 days shaking the jar from time to time to mix the juice. After 5 days store in the refriderator.