1/1 Photo of Pickled Lebanese Cucumber
A delightfully tangy pickle especially served with cheese or in a sandwich or tossed in a salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the water, vinegar, sliced garlic and coriander seeds into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes and leave to cool.
- 2Slice the Cucumbers to about 1/3rd inches thick (I used a slicer to make sure they were all the same thickness) place in a plastic bowl and sprinkle the salt in layers over the cucumber.
- 3cover and leave for at least 4 hours stirring every so often - this dehydrates the slices (and forces the water out of the cucumber)) this is d one so that the vinegar will penetrate easily.
- 4Rinse the cucumber 3 times, changing the water completely every time. Leave to drain and dry off.
- 5Pack into sterile glass jars carefully and pour in the liquid, spooning in the garlic and coriander seeds. Seal and leave in a cupboard for one to two weeks. Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Lebanese Cucumber
Serving Size: 1 (1809 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.0
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38777.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g