1/1 Photo of Pickled Lebanese Cucumber
A delightfully tangy pickle especially served with cheese or in a sandwich or tossed in a salad
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the water, vinegar, sliced garlic and coriander seeds into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes and leave to cool.
- 2Slice the Cucumbers to about 1/3rd inches thick (I used a slicer to make sure they were all the same thickness) place in a plastic bowl and sprinkle the salt in layers over the cucumber.
- 3cover and leave for at least 4 hours stirring every so often - this dehydrates the slices (and forces the water out of the cucumber)) this is d one so that the vinegar will penetrate easily.
- 4Rinse the cucumber 3 times, changing the water completely every time. Leave to drain and dry off.
- 5Pack into sterile glass jars carefully and pour in the liquid, spooning in the garlic and coriander seeds. Seal and leave in a cupboard for one to two weeks. Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Lebanese Cucumber
Serving Size: 1 (1809 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.0
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38777.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g