Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From More Recipes from a Kitchen Garden – Shepherd’s Garden Seeds
- 3 kohlrabi, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks and parboiled 3 minutes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 large sprigs fresh dill
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine kohlrabi and carrots and pack in a 1 quart glass jar along with garlic, bay leaf and fresh dill.
- In a saucepan combine pickling mixture ingredients and heat, stirring, until it boils and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour boiling mixture over kohlrabi and carrots, filling jar completely.
- Cover jar. When cool, refrigerate 3-4 days before using to let flavors blend.
I'm sorry I did not care for this at all. I did not add the carrots as I didn't have any on hand and I'm not that crazy about carrots. Glad I tried your recipe though to find out if I liked it or not. Made for All You Can Cook tag.