Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came to me from my mom in law. It is very easy and adaptable. It is so much cheaper then buying those pickled sausages in the store. I keep a jar of these in the refrigarator all the time.
- 1 lb Polish sausage, with casing in half ring
- 1 1⁄2 pints vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Take your sausage and cut into about 2 to 3 inch pieces.
- Put 1 tablespoon of crushed red peppers and put into a clean quart jar.
- Add your sausages.
- Add vinegar.
- Put a lid on and shake very well.
- Put in refrigerator.
- Shake every day for 7 days.
- You may use hot smoked polish sausage or kielbasa. Adjust hot peppers to your taste.