Recipe by ~Paula~
This is a brine I came up with from various pickle recipes. Our family loves my salsa, which uses the pickled jalapenos in the recipe. Since we grow jalapenos, I decided to try making my own. We also like to eat these on nachos, tacos, and enchiladas!
Top Review by Gerty-Goose
Amazing! My son will love them , if I remember to give them to him..haha They are better then ANY pickled jalapenos you can buy. The bumper crop didn't stand a chance with this GREAT pickling brine.
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure you wear rubber gloves!
- I learned the hard way the first time I made these-- my hands burned for a day or two!
- Remove the stem end from the jalapenos and remove seeds from inside.
- Slice jalapenos and place in clean pint jars.
- Boil brine ingredients and pour over jalapenos to within 1/2 inch of rim.
- Wipe rims; add lids and rings.
- Process for 10 minutes in a hot water bath.
- If you have any jars that do not seal, you may re-process these using new lids.