1/2 Photos of Pickled Jalapenos
This is a brine I came up with from various pickle recipes. Our family loves my salsa, which uses the pickled jalapenos in the recipe. Since we grow jalapenos, I decided to try making my own. We also like to eat these on nachos, tacos, and enchiladas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure you wear rubber gloves!
- 2I learned the hard way the first time I made these-- my hands burned for a day or two!
- 3Remove the stem end from the jalapenos and remove seeds from inside.
- 4Slice jalapenos and place in clean pint jars.
- 5Boil brine ingredients and pour over jalapenos to within 1/2 inch of rim.
- 6Wipe rims; add lids and rings.
- 7Process for 10 minutes in a hot water bath.
- 8If you have any jars that do not seal, you may re-process these using new lids.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Jalapenos
Serving Size: 1 (817 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5820.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g