1/1 Photo of Pickled Jalapenos
These are wonderful Pickled Jalapenos I got off the pepperfool website. This is the recipe I always seem to use when pickling my peppers from my garden. I don't ever put pickled peppers in a boiling water bath because it makes them all mushy. As long as you sterilize your jars and lids really good and make sure your vinegar solution is really hot when you put it in your jars it will seal your jars.
My Private Note
quart j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 15 lbs blemish-free whole fresh jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 10 small white onions, sliced,separated into rings
- 5 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano, pref. mexican
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups distilled water
- 1Scrub jalapenos, trimming off the stem.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Into a large, deep heavy pot, pour 1/2 cup oil (enough to coat the bottom of pot).
- 4Heat oil until almost smoking, then turn off or reduce the heat.
- 5Add onions, garlic, and carrots.
- 6Stir only until onions are clear, don't brown any of the vegetables.
- 7Add oregano, bay leaves and salt and stir to mix.
- 8Add vinegar and water and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 9Continue to boil and stir until salt is dissolved, then add remaining 1-1/2 cups of oil and return to a boil.
- 10Stir in jalapenos and remove from heat.
- 11Fill 16-20 hot, sterilized 1-pint jars (or 8-10 1-quart jars) leaving 1-1/2 inches of head space.
- 12Wipe rims clean, then seal jars tightly.
- 13Cool jars, then store in cool dry place until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Jalapenos
Serving Size: 1 (9019 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.9
- Calories from Fat 413
- Total Fat 45.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1442.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.3 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: