Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Have your peppers at the ready.
Make and share this Pickled Jalapenos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fresh jalapenos, washed,and stems removed
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pickling spices
- Pack peppers into clean, sterilized jars, leaving a few inches at the top.
- Bring vinegar, water, oil, salt, and pickling spice to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve salt.
- Pour boiling sauce over peppers, leaving at least 1/2" headspace at the top of each jar.
- Place caps on, and screw on lids firmly.
- Process in boiling water bath for 20 minutes.
- Remove bands when cool.
- Check jars seals before storing; any that don't seal, refrigerate promptly.
- Age several weeks before using.
I change the size to say 2.2 pints since I only had 1.5cups of vinegar on hand. And I followed the amounts under that except I did do 2 tsp picking spices. I made 6-8oz jars of Jalapeños. I found a tiny pouch of pickling spices near the produce which was plenty and cheaper than making my own and I just put the rest in an empty spice jar. I cant wait to try these in a couple of weeks! -update 1 year later finished our jars I just made only 4 jars we ate the others I did reduce the recipe but halved the olive oil it seemed like to much in last years batch and it weird-ed others out when they would get a pepper out of the jar. So glad to have the recipe- thank you!
This is a great recipe to make your own and I use it quite often!
Looks like a great recipe that's easy to prepare. My family will love it as we all love Jalapeno peppers. Can't wait to try it!!!