1/3 Photos of Pickled Jalapenos
Miss Annie's Note:
A wonderful way to use those summer fresh peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- sliced carrot (optional)
- jalapeno (see note)
- sliced onion, separated into rings (optional)
- 1In clean sterilized jars, place the olive oil, oregano, garlic and carrots and onions (optional).
- 2Mix the brine ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 3Pack your peppers (and other vegetables) in jars to 3/4 full (peppers will expand).
- 4Pour boiling brine over the peppers within 1/2" from the top.
- 5Seal by hot water bath for 20 minutes.
- 6Let jars sit for 3 weeks for the best flavor.
- 7NOTE: The amount of peppers is not given here. It all depends on how many peppers you can stuff into a jar, and how many jars you will be making. I think I used 1# or maybe 1 1/2# for this amount of ingredients.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Jalapenos
Serving Size: 1 (2058 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.4
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14163.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.1 g